There are two problems with these sugar coated pecans.
- They are crazy easy to make
- They are highly addictive
During the holidays we seem to make a batch every single week. Not only do they make the house smell ah-mazing, but they make for an easy appetizer, holiday gift, or after school snack this time of year.
Just throw them in the oven an hour or two before your guests arrive and not only will your house smell like the holidays, and you’ll have a perfect sweet snack for everyone to enjoy.
I like to serve mine in fun martini glasses, but any candy dish will do. You could also purchase cupcake liners and fill each one as little individual cups for your guests to grab.
Have any leftovers after your party? Not likely. But in the event that you do, try chopping up the pecans and serving them over your breakfast waffles with some maple syrup. YUM!
As a holiday gift, consider filling 12oz mason jars with these pecans and wrapping a holiday bow around the lid. Very simple, but a welcome gift for teachers, neighbors, and co-workers.
Sugar Coated Pecans
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease one baking sheet
- In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg whites, vanilla, and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the pecans evenly. Slowly stir in the cinnamon mixture until evenly coated. Spread the pecans over the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir the pecans every 15 minutes during the baking process.